Things that make me go mmmmm...

Welcome to the things that I share, My page, My Life,. My thoughts, My ideas, My questions, My opinions, basically all
things that make me go hmmm.....

Thursday 18 March 2010

Train packed full of crazy fed up commuters= normal rush hour

Every working morning I get up, do the same things, clean, brush, change, and leave the house facing the next hour that could determine how I feel for the whole day. Yes, that hour is the rush hour like so many hard and happy working commuters.

At first I actually enjoyed being in with the 'hard-working' lot, but after 2 years of shoving , pushing, and 'everyone' for themselves..it began to look not so pleasant.I still don't understand how people can think they can get onto the train when there is no room....I'm always amazed how even though they are at the front of the queue, they cannot wait 1 minute for the next train, which is not long but also they will be the first ones on...sounds like a win-win situation....but somehow there must be a 'special' challenge or initiation that everyone takes to be a 'proper' commuter. I've seen it happen so many times but it still amazes me. It really does like more ridiculous than those images you see of Japanese rush hour.

I believe that once you leave home for work, you catch a 'bug' that transforms your mind into believing and acting in a 'herd' like trance during the morning rush hour.You don't realise it but once you start to get close to fellow commuters, a strange thing happens, you become part of a herd, acting in the same way they do and that you all have one objective and one goal...to get 'green fields of home' on time, no matter what it takes.

Another thing I noticed is every time I go to work there seems to be more and more people, which is quite bizarre assuming that HK is in still in some sort of economic depression, nevertheless it makes it more and more of a challenge to push and fight my way to work .
I look at some of these commuters and think these are loving family members, fathers, brothers, mothers, and daughters who don't really want to be here more than me, so I always remember how commuters are like those people who are nice until they get behind the wheel of a car, and then they become complete raving nutters....especially the quiet ones...

So how has commuting affected me? I have to say I do push and shove my way through the jungle called the rush hour, not caring for everyone else except for myself, unashamedly, but thats only from monday to friday.

1 comment:

  1. Try leaving home 15 minutes early next time. Relax and slow down both mentally and physically. Look around. You will see & feel lot of things you never notice before and enjoy it. Trust me, it really works.

    ReplyDelete