Things that make me go mmmmm...

Welcome to the things that I share, My page, My Life,. My thoughts, My ideas, My questions, My opinions, basically all
things that make me go hmmm.....

Thursday 18 March 2010

The days before CNY

wow...I mean WOW....I have actually gone online and decided to dust away the keyboard cobwebs....for now that is. Yes, its 2010, and February (already!) And what I am going to blog about?....not too sure..but about something anyway....maybe its just mindless typing at the keyboard until something comes into my head....ah HA!...my purpose of these blogs....my life! (what else is there??) But more about my life in HK and the funny things that happen here...well, not necessarily funny...but just odd, and things that make me go hmmm...

So January has ended (so fast) and February is getting underway...and with CNY so close (next week in fact) that can only mean 1 thing.....PREPARATION. Yep...CNY in HK can not get any bigger...(well...maybe China) So that means, buying new traditional Fei Chuns (greetings to greet new luck and health and all the good things into your home with) , Throwing away the old things and replace with the new and the endless craziness of cleaning your home. Crazy? Its crazy for people like me who just are stuck to their sofa and remote controls, and has hardly ever opened cupboards that don't contain food or books.It might abit extreme, but believe me, you don't really know how much mess a guy makes, especially in a place thats not that big. Don't get me wrong CNY is great, a happy time, a time to spend with the family, and a time to get some money. The tradition of receiving money from the elderly and couplesis always followed. I may sound cheap, but hey, I work and saving is not really a concept that goes well with me. So I suppose receiving money from people is no bad thing. I don't feel that ashamed when I receive money that kids get as well. Hell, its tradition, and people don't mind.

I have decided that this CNY, I won't go crazy with the cleaning, and just do cleaning that doesn't need me to rearrange the whole flat in a 'looking for the treasure' type of way. Also, to give myself more time, I have started early, and I'm pleased to say that, even with 1 week to go before the festivities start, I have managed to do some cleaning, which just leaves some small places to clean.

As with all jobs, we all have deadlines. today, tomorrow, next week, and all holidays...xmas, easter...etc..etc.. That list also includes CNY, but this one scares me....why? because, being in the print industry, printers have a crazy holiday of about 10days(thats more than some people get in 1 year!!) which really screws our schedule. Also CNY is on different days each year, February one year, January the next... So the workload can be bad or can be mad.

Anyway, back to the CNY rant, 1 week to go, and a few more things to do, but with work this week being mad, it looks like its going to be a hell of a week...

No comments:

Post a Comment