Things that make me go mmmmm...

Welcome to the things that I share, My page, My Life,. My thoughts, My ideas, My questions, My opinions, basically all
things that make me go hmmm.....

Wednesday 16 March 2011

A King's Speech

Saw 'The King's Speech' last night, and it was very good. Colin Firth was excellent, but I found Geoffrey Rush even better. Like 'The Fighter', which is another excellent film, it was not what I expected. What I expected (of 'The King's Speech') was something more dramatic, and serious. But what I experienced was a very entertaining and enjoyable film. Its the sort of film, that you can easily get into. Most of the enjoyment comes from the performance of Geoffrey, who manages to turn serious matters into his character's comical attitude to life. Both actors are very convincing, Colin, whose stammers are so real, that you actually feel his stammers, and Rush, who is so good, he could have been practicing his methods part-time for extra cash. Helena also gives a very good performance,, though not involved as much, she makes us understand and makes us feel the problems that King has to face. She makes us sympathize for the king. One thing I also noticed was how well Timothy Spall looked as Winston Churchill. Timothy Spall, doesn't have the looks, but he is a very good actor, no matter how big or small his parts are in films. I respect his attitude and professionalism. 

Now how I mark a excellent film is quite easy, after leaving the cinema, I ask myself...'Would I want to buy this on DVD?'...and the answer here is definitely YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment