Things that make me go mmmmm...

Welcome to the things that I share, My page, My Life,. My thoughts, My ideas, My questions, My opinions, basically all
things that make me go hmmm.....

Friday 14 October 2011

Achieving something important....

When I was young, like all young people, watching tv was my life. It was everything and everything after that. I loved watching sports as well, and while at school, apart from football, swimming was something that was heavily emphasised. All through school, all the swimming lessons i took inside and outside school didn't really do it for me. Whether it was the teaching or the location or the people, i was never able to get a focus properly. So even at this age (you are never too young or old to start learning, l always say!)  I never thought about learning to swim now or in the future. It happened as my girlfriend was going swimming at her workplace during the summer and me not having much to do after work decided to join her for some dip and batheing.  What a simple dip in the pool turned out to be a mission to learn to swim, once and for all. By observing others and the technique used and some research, i began to understand more and found that its really more about having the confidence to try and of course beating that fear of water.

Once you put your mind into overcoming the fear of water, you are already half way there. Our regular routine would be to go about twice a week. And everytime i would try abit more and learn and understand more. Now after 2 months, I am very happy to say that i can swim without my trusty float. For me that is a gigantic milestone. I allowed myself to just enjoy it as well. There was no pressure to learn it quickly either. I wouldn't have been able to do it so easily without my girlfriend. She has the patience to teach and explain things to me. For this i am very truly grateful.  I find myself very fortunate to have someone who can do so much for me.  So to finally achieve swimming, is amazing, but whats more important is finding that someone who you can share it with. Thanks my pretty :-)

1 comment:

  1. Very true that it's never too late to learn. Keep going. I'm always delighted to share and I learned a lot from you too :D

    ReplyDelete